What is Year of Young People?
The Year of Young People 2018 aims to inspire Scotland through its young people, celebrating their achievements, valuing their contribution to communities and creating new opportunities for them to shine locally, nationally and globally
So, what is YOYP?
As part of the Scottish Government’s programme of themed years, 2018 is the Year of Young People (YoYP 2018).
YoYP 2018 activities and events are focusing on six themes that young people identified as most important for them as young Scots:
- Participation – looking at how young people can influence public services and decisions which affect their lives
- Education – creating a stronger role for young people in shaping their learning
- Health and Wellbeing –supporting young people to lead healthier, active lives and have opportunities to learn about and improve their mental health and resilience
- Equality and Discrimination – broadcasting the value of young Scots, challenging negative perceptions of young people, and supporting young people to take leading roles in challenging discrimination in all its forms.
- Enterprise and Regeneration – celebrating young people’s role in innovation, entrepreneurship and the Scottish economy as well as making Scotland a greener and more pleasant place to live
- Culture –celebrating young people’s talent and contribution to Scottish culture and arts.
Information about the Year in BSL:
To find out more about YoYP 2018, click here
Thanks for Reading! Your points code is: NDUQL1