We're working with the Scottish Government to set up a team of people, aged 14-21 to implement the Actions and Recommendations from the Fairer Future project.
Fairer Future was a panel of young people from minority ethnic communities across Scotland, that developed 22 recommendations and 40 ideas for change.
Their vision was:
“For minority ethnic young people in Scotland is to have an equal chance to succeed and flourish in whatever path in life they decide to take, and to feel safe and respected in their home and communities.”
“Do it. 100% get involved. It's a great experience that you'll absolutely love. There are so many opportunities available that will help you later in life. Just get that foot in the door.” - Co-design Volunteer
The team will explore the six key themes identified in the phase of Fairer Future and work with Young Scot and the Scottish Government to begin implementing the Recommendations and Actions set out in the first phase Ideas report.
The six key themes identified were: Overarching Work, Community Cohesion and Safety, Participation and Representation, Education and Lifelong Learning, Employability, Employment and Income, and Health and Home.
You can see the report and more about Phase 1 on our corporate website.
The project will run between July 2018 and March 2019.
Improve your skills and confidence
- This project will give you the chance to challenge yourself, be innovative and make your CV stand out from the crowd!
- Develop your skills - listening, communicating, presenting, team work, designing, prototyping, digital and social media
- Increase your confidence - be empowered and challenge the people at the top!
- Influence change for all young people in Scotland
- Meet other people from across Scotland and work in a team
- All your travel, food & accommodation costs will be covered!
Up for the challenge?
- Your name, age, where you live and describe your ethnicity
- Why you want to get involved and if you volunteer with any organisations
- Any support you require or considerations we need to make to help you participate
- If you are you free for project kick-off mid-July (Dates TBC)
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact the Co-design Team at 0131 313 2488 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also provide the information in any other formats if required.
9 Haymarket Terrace