What is the project about?
We are working with the City of Edinburgh Council to set up a team of 15 people, aged 16-21 to create a young people’s 2050 vision for the City of Edinburgh We’re looking for young people living, studying, and working across Edinburgh. No previous experience required!
Between now and late August your team will work together to explore the following areas:
- Edinburgh’s people: you, your family and your community
- Edinburgh’s economy: your job, your business and your money
- Edinburgh’s environment: your home, your street and your planet
- What is great about Edinburgh as a city in 2016?
- What could be better?
- What should Edinburgh be like in 2050?
To do this you will be supported to :
- Meet regularly as a team at Young Scot HQ and work together online
- Conduct your own investigation by speaking to your friends, colleagues and important organisations and services
- Design and support Young Scot to run workshop events with other young people to develop an understanding of young people’s priorities for Edinburgh in the future
- Encourage young people to share their own experiences and create recommendations for their collective vision for the future and present this to the CEO of City of Edinburgh Council
Email CoDesign@young.scot with:
- Your name, age, area you live in, what you’re up to (school, work, volunteering, training or unemployed) and a contact phone number
- Why you want to get involved in this project, (including the skills you’d like to develop)
- Share if you are involved with or volunteer in any local or national organisations
- Any support you require or special considerations we need to make to help you participate
9 Haymarket Terrace