The Care Inspectorate are looking for young people with a personal experience of care.
Is this you?
- We inspect care and social work services to make sure they are high quality and meet the needs of people who use them.
- We believe we can make care better by working with people who have a personal experience of those services. So, if you have used a care service, you could be just who we are looking for.
- You don’t have to have qualifications – personal experience is what counts.
- You need to be aged 18–26 to apply.
What will you do as a young inspection volunteer?
- Take part in inspections of individual services and also of local authority areas.
- Talk to children and young people using services and record their views and opinions on the service they are getting.
- You may run focus groups to find out what children and young people think of their service.
- Meet with managers to find out how well children and young people are involved in developing and improving services.
- Help us to find out about corporate parenting.
- You may write a summary of what you found, for the inspection report.
We will support you to be a young inspection volunteer and try to match you with services best suited to your experience. We will offer you training and work closely with you to support you in your work with us.
Call Gemma Watson, our Involvement Advisor on 01698 897 800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Completed application forms should be returned to by 1st June 2016.
Why not watch the video below with previous Young Inspection Volunteers talking about their experiences?